Our services reflect the needs of the people living in BRT6HC communities and promote, support, and encourage their physical, mental, social, and spiritual health. This team consists of is a Dental Therapist/Supervisor, Dental Assistant
- The Battle River Treaty 6 Health Centre Dental Program’s goal is to provide high quality comprehensive dental services for school-aged children in BRT6HC community school-based clinics, in a way that is culturally sensitive, and focuses on health promotion practices to optimize the dental health of individuals, families and communities.
- To improve the oral health of children enrolled in BRT6HC schools (restoration)
- To develop and implement strategies to ensure culturally appropriate philosophies and practices that are reflected in the programs and staff actions
- The Dental Program services reflect the needs of BRT6HC community members and demonstrate accountability and sustainability to stakeholders
Children’s Oral Health Initiative (COHI)
The COHI/Dental Aide is a valued member of a multi disciplinary health team which provides community-based health services to promote, support and encourage healthy families. The COHI Aide will take an active role in promoting COHI services for the purpose of helping families with children and prenatal women establish and maintain healthy teeth and gums. The COHI Aide is an essential link between the Dental Therapist and BRT6HC communities.
- To act as a link between the dental therapist/professional and the community
- To obtain permission forms, medical history, and other important information in a confidential manner
- Provide education & information regarding healthy dental care choices, mouth care inspections, fluoride varnish applications to the families in the program
- Provide supportive home visiting services when families are unable to come to the clinic
- Provide transportation for COHI services at the clinic
- Apply fluoride/varnish to the children in the community dental program