Family Health Worker
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge and awareness of cultural values and practices within the community.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing trusting supportive relationships.
- Implementing prevention programs through mentorship with pre/post- natal clients for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD).
- Assist in linking pre/post-natal women to supports and services available to them locally, regionally, and provincially.
- Assist in increasing immunization rates by providing information, resources, and invitations.
- Awareness of and demonstrated ability to relate to families facing multiple challenges relating to parenting.
- Previous working experience with First Nations people and demonstrate an understanding of the health and social issues encountered by First Nation people and a willingness to learn about and accept First Nations cultures.
- Be knowledgeable about trauma informed nutrition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle during work hours is required.
- Encourage and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), Publisher, and Teams
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive information and documents exercising confidentiality.
- A successful criminal record check with vulnerable sector.
BRT6HC is recruiting three Family Health Workers.
Submit updated resume, cover letter and 3 professional references by December 06, 2023, to:
Human Resources Department
Confidential Fax: 306 937 6767
For position specific information, please contact Pamela Peterson at 306 937 6700
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
BRT6HC wishes to thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Battle River Treaty 6 Health Centre Inc. fosters and promotes a safe work environment.