EMR eHealth Privacy Officer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Medical Office Assistant with advanced technology literacy, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three(3) to four (4) years related experience.
- Knowledge in information privacy laws, access, release of information, release controls and knowledge in HIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
- Knowledge in various computer programs such as EMR, Telus Health, data base development.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) Publisher, and technological platforms such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx etc. with a general aptitude for expanding use of software applications to enhance efficiencies.
- A clear understanding of EMR.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive information and documents exercising confidentiality, discretion, good judgement, and exercising tact, courtesy, and diplomacy at all times.
- Previous working experience with First Nations people and demonstrate an understanding of the health and social issues encountered by First Nation people and a willingness to learn about and accept First Nations cultures.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license to transport clients.
- Must provide a successful criminal record with vulnerable sectors check.
Submit updated resume, cover letter and 3 professional references by November 29, 2023, to:
Human Resources Department
Confidential Fax: 306 937 6767
For position specific information, please contact Louise Churchman at 306 937 6700
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
BRT6HC wishes to thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Battle River Treaty 6 Health Centre Inc. fosters and promotes a safe work environment.